A closer look at… The Beaumont in Mayfair, London
by Traveleads | March 16, 2020 | Latest News On The Ground
At the heart of Mayfair, London’s prestigious neighbourhood known for Georgian townhouses, Savile Row and beautiful parks, you’ll find The Beaumont; an independent, five-star, multi-award winning hotel.
Take a five minute stroll from Grosvenor Square and you’ll stumble across a stunning white art-deco building; originally designed as an impressive car park in 1926 by Wimperis and Simpson, the architectural duo behind Piccadilly’s department store, Fortnum & Mason, the hotel opened in 2014 and is where art meets history to bring the original roaring twenties back to life.
What makes is special?
Playing up to the building’s history, the hotel is decorated with vintage furniture, rare literature and more than 1,500 pieces of original artwork – plus a very special feature created by artist, Anthony Gormley as a public sculpture in 2014.
ROOM, is one of the world’s most remarkable one-bedroom suites. From the outside, you’ll spot Gormley’s three-storey Lego-like sculpture, constructed entirely from welded plates of stainless steel. This inhabitable piece of public art features a large private hallway and a pure white marble bathroom decorated in The Beaumont’s soft art deco style.
The contrasting wood-panelled bedroom situated on the top floor acts as a focal centrepiece. Apart from a king-sized bed with an organic, hand-made mattress, the room is completely stripped of all other furniture. The premise of ROOM is that the minimal light partnered with the dark oak-clad interior are thought to be the tonic for a perfect night’s sleep, creating a meditative environment away from the busy world outside.
Restaurants and bars
Enjoy all day dining at the Colony Grill, a relaxed New York style grill offering 1920’s classics including vegetarian and vegan options before retiring to the Magritte Bar next door to wrap up your evening with a cocktail or two.
Business and meeting facilities
The Lotos room provides a sophisticated setting for private dining and business meetings and can cater for up to 18 delegates for a board meeting or up to 60 for standing receptions.
For more intimate meetings, the Cub Room offers the perfect backdrop for private lunches up to 12 people -plus, the hotel offers a dedicated organiser to coordinate every aspect of your event.
Give me the facts
- 50 rooms and 23 suites
- Close to the boutiques, galleries and museums of Mayfair, St James’s and the West End
- Beaumont Spa (featuring OSKIA skincare), hamam and salon
- All rooms include The Beaumont’s ‘Help Yourself’ morning refreshments
- Use of The Beaumont’s chauffeur-driven house car for emission free local trips
- 95% plastic-free solution for its bath, body and haircare products eliminating all plastic bottles and offering alternate lightly scented rose geranium bar formulations
- Waste reduction – annual C02 reductions equivalent to 177.48 acres of forest through alternate water generation methods and use of LED lighting and solar film to reduce energy consumption
- Recycling – nothing goes into landfill. Food waste is composted, while toiletries are repurposed and redistributed to women’s refuges and Kori Women’s Development Project in Sierra Leone
The Beaumont is a truly impressive property in a first-class location overlooking Brown Hart Gardens and offers a great combination of serenity while still being close to London’s finest attractions. Taking a stroll outside the hotel will reveal that chic boutiques, exquisite Michelin starred dining and chauffeured cars are virtually part of the norm.
Do you think you’d take a night at ROOM for a perfect night’s sleep? Whether you’re looking for accommodation in London or elsewhere in the world, our team of travel experts is always on hand to recommend the best hotel for your trips.