The Significance of Business Travel Today

by Traveleads | April 3, 2019 | Latest News On The Ground

The 2019 edition of the European Business Travel Barometer, conducted a survey on a sample of 1,000 companies from 10 European countries to enlighten us as to where we are when it comes to business travel in today’s world.

The first and most popular statement was that 99%of people surveyed strongly believed that business trips play an essential role in the development of the company. They also clearly demonstrate that there has been a rise in business travel activity, with 45.6% of employees in the field there to develop the customer portfolio, and focus on events that could help develop the business.

There was a + 3.8% increase in business travel expenses on the European market in 2018. That’s 0.4 points higher than the expected value!

Surprisingly, only 23% of the companies surveyed have a travel management department. For the remaining 77%, another department is responsible for travel related projects (Finance 28%, Purchasing 24%, HR 15%, other departments 10%).

71% of organizations now measure the satisfaction of business travelers. It is no longer a simple formality but an element in defining travel policies. They are mainly concerned with the protection of business and personal data; facilitating booking in the event of disruptions; providing security solutions during travel; offering full access to travel content; and improving customer service during business trips.

TMCs remain the main channel for 53% of large companies. All agree that the agency’s model must evolve to satisfy both the travel policy and the traveler’s experience.

Here at Traveleads, we understand the importance of getting your people where they need to be. For any assistance planning your next business trip, or for more advice on how you can reduce the cost of your corporate travel, please contact us here or call us on 0113 245 7745

If you would like assistance reviewing your current travel policy please contact your account manager, or for new clients looking to simplify and consolidate the ways in which you are currently procuring your corporate travel please contact us on 0113 245 7745 or via corporatesales@traveleads.net

Latest articles

Travelling through lockdown with CarnaudMetalbox Engineering

Travelling through lockdown with CarnaudMetalbox Engineering

While lockdown meant the end of frequent travel for many companies, for others, that simply wasn’t an option. Samantha Dalton, service planner at CarnaudMetalbox Engineering, explains how having a travel management... Read More

find Out More
Brexit and business travel - UK and EU Flag

How we anticipate Brexit to affect business travel from 1 January 2021

With the end of the Brexit transition period fast approaching, we explore the anticipated implications on business travel and actions we can all take now. While more definitive updates are expected following trade talks... Read More

find Out More
Produce Investments case study

“The support is fantastic; the team always goes above and beyond for us”

Prior to 2014, Produce Investments Ltd, parent company to one of the UK’s leading suppliers of fresh potatoes, Greenvale AP, found that its processes weren’t running efficiently when it came to travel. With the... Read More

find Out More
View all articles

Website proudly developed by The Wrapped Agency